Sunday, June 10, 2012

Need Gift ideas for the Dads and Grads in your life?


Prana's motto is "born from experience". Well, if I was to make this review as short as I can I would use one short sentence: Prana stands by their motto, and delivers great products. Although I enjoyed every Prana product I've used, their pants and shorts are my favorites. Prana found a way to balance look, comfort, durability and functionality in each and every pants/shorts I own (10 pairs of Prana pants and shorts, I'm a Pranaholic). Let's start.

The Bronson pants

WOW. That's all I could think for the first few minutes wearing these pants. Although they are made for climbing and hiking, no one will spot that at a nice dinner party. The fabric blend of cotton and spandex provide the great feel of cotton, and in addition provide enough stretch for functionality. You will not be able to use the Bronsons as an excuse for not being a good climber, so you better work on your skills. The added micro sanded canvas will resist abrasion, and promise you'll enjoy them for many years. The Bronson pants are one rugged pair of pants. Besides using them for climbing and hiking, I found myself wearing these a lot as my everyday pants for school or work. For those of you who don't like to wear pants during the hot summer days of Davis, Prana now has the Bronson shorts. If you are the person who finds himself leaving work and looking for an adventure, look no further. The transition between the office and the outdoors was never smoother.

The Stretch Zion shorts

The holy land of technical shorts. Made mainly from nylon (97%), the Stretch Zion shorts are durable, breathable, quick drying and extra ventilated. They are light weight, and great if you are short on space when traveling. This one pair of shorts could be used for hiking, climbing and even yard work. I've never felt over-heated wearing the Zion shorts. After wearing them, almost any other pair of shorts feels about as breathable as rubber boots. The Stretch Zion also comes in a pant and a convertible style, so you can have the same comfort and functionality all year long. The convertible version cuts over the knees, just like the shorts. It makes the zipper almost unnoticeable. The adjustable waist belt allows the adventurer to find the best fit, always. They never feel too loose, or too tight, just right.  The Stretch Zion is the short/pant/convertible for your next adventure.

The Mojo shorts

Comfort, comfort, comfort. The Mojos are so comfortable. You'll be a 100% satisfied with those 100% polyester shorts. Yoga, Pilates, climbing or grilling in your back yard, the Mojos will deliver. The Mojos are super light, breathable and quick drying, so you'll always feel great. The elastic Waist belt feels awesome, fits like nothing else, yet feels secure even in the most obscure position you can imagine. They are so great I have three pairs of those shorts. The mesh pockets are deep enough to hold your phone, wallet and keys securely, yet don't add any bulk. You, just like me, will find yourself looking for them the second you step into your home after a long day of work. Heck, I work at Outdoor Davis, so I wear them to work!

 Long story short. Prana pants and shorts fit to a T.  Try them! You'll like them!

Review written by Outdoor Davis assistant manager, Arik

We can't forget our outdoor-loving ladies for this review! Below are a few of Leia's favorite women's items.



prAna Kaley Tunic Top
This is by far my favorite outdoor top! I have it in 3 colors.  I too, am a prAnaholic.  The built in bra top is snug enough that I don't need to wear an additional bra with it.  You have to love that on hot Summer Davis days! 

One complaint I often have with outdoor clothing is that the tops are skin tight. Not the Kaley Tunic Top! It's tight on top and flowing at the bottom.  Also, since it's a tunic length, it's a bit longer than most prAna tops.  I absolutely love this feature. The fabric was so stretchy and comfortable that I actually wore this top until I was 7 months pregnant without my belly hanging out the bottom! I've also been wearing while losing the baby weight.  It has been with me through all my fabulous body changes and looks great at every stage.  I get tons of compliments every time I wear it.

I've worn it for everyday, hiking and traveling and love it for every use.

Pros: 
Super cute
Super flattering 
Fits over a pregnant belly (yay!)
Supportive top
Doesn't show every lump and bump

Cons:
Fabric started to pill a bit (LOTS OF USE)

My only con is that my top no longer looks new.  It still looks really nice, but the fabric has worn a bit.  I chalk it up to wearing it twice a week through my entire pregnancy, a lot before and a lot after.  It was worn and washed a lot and I'm still wearing it!

Overall, I recommend this top highly.  It fits MANY body types and looks cute with a skirt, jeans or shorts. I LOVE IT!

Patagonia Margot Dress

Not only am I a prAnaholic, but I am also a dressaholic.  Anyone who knows me will tell you that.  This is just one of the many in my closet. :)  Patagonia dresses are by far my favorite out of all the "Outdoor-chic" dresses you can get now-a-days. Every style I have fits like a glove, and the margot dress is no exception.  The straps are wide enough that you can wear a supportive bra without it showing, but you can also get away with just wearing a little cami under.  The ruching at the waist adds some details to an otherwise simple dress and the fabric patterns always have me coming back again and again.

It's made with super soft organic cotton and looks very flattering on.  The Patagonia description lists it as a "slim-fit", but I've found that it just skims the body a bit, without being tight.  I'm no bean-pole and this fits me great.  My mom tells me I have an "athletic build"... Thanks mom... 

I have seen quite a few women with different body styles try on this dress.  I haven't seen one person that it isn't flattering on.

Pros:
organic cotton
flattering
interesting patterns
hides a supportive bra

Cons:
no built in bra

I approve. 

Women's review written by Leia

No comments:

Post a Comment